Sunday, November 25, 2007

Goshawks of Anacortes (2006-07)

My mantra: I am not interested in what you have not seen; example - I don't care that you have lived in San Diego for 40 years, and you have birded extensively, every week end in San Diego, for 20 years, and you and all your birding friends have never seen one Goshawk in San Diego. Example: I don't care that you have visited Aransas National Wildlife Refuge, 20 times, and have never seen a Goshawk. I will repeat: I am not interested in what you have NOT seen!



I have, over an 8-year period, experienced Goshawks in the Anacortes- North Whidbey Island area. If you wish to argue the point, or question me relating to how I identify raptors - this blog is not the place to contact me. I will not even look at your messages. If you wish to meet me in the field, I will show you the WAY. I can be contacted by cell; 360 420 9320. I am in the field every day. But, nearly always in Anacortes, or N. Whidbey Island in summer, and usually in Tucson city limits in winter.In 2008 I will, for one day, set a hawk watch on Mt. Constitution. I am expecting Goshawks to find us. My pal Ken Boyle and I, will also spend 1 day on Lummi Island (our first trip to the island). We are expecting Goshawks to find us. If you wish to join us, call me. When I return to Anacortes, I will subscribe to Tweeter's. If anyone tries to censure my posts, or black-list me, I will sue you!

No comments: